Sunday, May 22, 2005

Box of chocolates

Forrest was right. You don't know what you're gonna get in life, or what the next day will bring. In my life, I've been fortunate enough, most of the time, to get a nice nut-cluster, or one of those cherry things I like. But sometimes you get that piece of orange foam goo pieces of crap. Today's one of those days.

I've been teetering on the edge of flying home all this past week to see nan, who's has a stroke/pacemaker incident, and who did not have a good prognosis. And now Dad's had a bit of a cardiac incident this morning. Hmmmm. Not a pleasant holiday-weekend Saturday to be certain.

Still, I've managed to manufacture a couple of really ripping good mushroom omlettes. Can't start a holiday Saturday, no matter what the circumstances, without a good breakfast. Besides, cooking makes me feel better.

Departing Ottawa 6:35 Eastern arrival St. John's 11:55 PM Newfoundland time. Canjet flight 430.

No comments: