Saturday, July 01, 2006

Superman Returns

Tam and I went to see Superman Returns tonight. It was quite good... but did rehash a lot of the old movie lines and information. I suspect that the movie is intended to revitalize the broken franchise, and to reset it's direction. In many ways it was the same story retold... Still, I can't deny that he remains one of my favourite superheros... right up there with Spiderman (whose part III trailer was shown). I guess I'm a child of the 70's.

It's definately not a remake, and the storyline remains quite intact. I must say that I was sucked into the story, and very much enjoyed the renewed Superman. I do wish that Jude Law, Hugh Laurie and Johnny Depp would have played Zod, Perry White and Lex Luthor respectively... they had been considered apparently.

No comments: