Monday, May 24, 2004

Phantom Menace

Been playing Star Wars: The Phantom Menace on the Playstation. As usual, I've become completely engrossed in the game. Almost finished now. Soon I'll be able to communicate as a normal human again.

It's really strange, but I've always gotten really weird when I become engrossed in a video game. Luckily, I don't really play many games, though Tam might tell you differently.

Civilization (and later Alpha Centauri) are the ones I remember becoming most addicted to, and noticing later that I'd think about them all the time, dream about them even... And be really grumpy generally until I bored of them, or solved them... Whichever came first.

Of course, I'm much better now than I used to be. But still. I generally don't give much credence to the wackos that say cartoons harm children... But sometimes I wonder. Especially when I can see a dramatic impact on my own behaviour. I do have vivid memories of learning from television. Of course, at the tender age of 7, David Suzuki was my hero.

Well, I'm at The Final Battle... so I'd best be off before Qui Gon dies at the hands of Darth Maul.

No comments: