Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tulips are up

The tulips are up... so I guess spring has really sprung. It's still quite cold in the nighttime, but we've been able to get the windows open during the day for some fresh air.

I was out about in the garden this afternoon, finally getting the leaves, dead branches and garbage out of the garden. It looks a lot nicer now. Perhaps we'll be able to start planing soon.

I can't find my pruners though... I'm sure I have at least two pairs around somewhere. Amazing how those things tend to walk off. I need them to prune back the grape fine out back.

I long for the day when I can have a private garden and not be watched by neighbours... I just can't enjoy it the same. I guess I'm just a private person.

Tammy's working on wedding thank you's today, and I believe she's making a banana bread. I also notices some filo dough and broccoli when I passed by, so I expect some kind of pastry/broccoli/chicken thing is under construction for supper. Sounds good.

I'm having some trouble with the video camera, or more precisely, with the computer. I don't think I can face trying to fix it today (hence the garden work).... it just will not reconize the camera in order to transfer the video. We didn't really take a lot of video during the trip, but we did take some.... and I'd like to get it darn it. Oh well, I'm sure it will be resolved.

In the meantime, we're still in post-vacation mode... just puttering around, and dreaming about where else we'd like to go.

In the meantime, we're just enjoying the flowers.


UPDATE: I was right about the banana bread. Tam made it with bananas, banana rum, and some nutmeg we puchased down south. I had some with some extra-old cheaddar cheese (is there any other kind). Yummy.Posted by Picasa

No comments: