Saturday, February 26, 2005

Donair Recipes

The recipes found at All things Donair consititute the best east-coast (I refuse to call them "Halifax") home-made donairs I've ever had. I honestly can't tell the difference.

My only comment is: make sure that you follow the instructions about triple grinding the meat. It should be a paste-like consistency. When you're done grinding the meat should not resemble meat at all, or anything having had molecular cohesion. Do that, and you're set. Oh... and I'd reduce the cayenne... I like my meat mild and my sauce sweet.

Yummy donairs. Why or why eat that garlic stuff when you could have the real thing.

UPDATE (July 16, 2006): The site mentioned was moved without redirection. It's new location is at: http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~gpetitpas/Links/Donair.html.

No comments: